Sunday, October 21, 2012

Door of Hope


Things aren't perfect. In fact, they seem far from it. And I confess that it leaves me weary sometimes. Hope diminishes quickly some days and it's all I can do to try to cling to Jesus. Some days my heart mutters, "I believe, Lord, please help my unbelief." Other days, I am more like Job. I question indignant, "Why me? What did I do to deserve all of this?" {And I know down deep what I really deserve without grace}

There it was in the Old Testament reading this morning -one of my favorites: "The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest." And my legs felt too wobbly to carry me to the altar, but Jesus was with me in that pew being my peace. I leaned into His rest.

I admit, I have cried hot, desperate tears for not wanting to go further down this path, for this seems too painful {and I have been through enough in my life, I plead}. But, I look back at everything else and I remember it all. I remember the ugly that He used to shape me. I remember the trials that proved Him over and over. Even my own choices done in rebellion have been redeemed. My heart remembers that He can be trusted. When it is all said and done, He is the only One that can be trusted completely {even when I don't understand and can't see}. And, so, I am giving this Valley of Trouble to Jesus. He is the only One who can turn it into a Door of Hope.

So, I cling to Him. I cling to that hope.

{Prayers appreciated, kind friends, for this season.}


No comments: