Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Out of the Darkness

It's everything I had imagined it could be, but hoped it wouldn't. In my dreams it was a perfect day; the kind of day that is Hallmark commercial worthy. I am sucking on a candy cane with my earbuds in, hoping the music drowns everything else out.

My family puts the F-U-N in dysfunctional. It's almost as if special times bring out everyone's worst behavior.

And I am tired. I am tired of trying to be a peacekeeper. Tense relationships are still tense without Christ, and Christmas is no exception. Oh, and how the words cause wounds that will fester long after this day is over. The blame will linger for all of the hurts remembered.

It seems so dark, so hurtful. And the sun isn't shining today either. But the Light, the Light came into the darkness. The darkness of sin and of self. The darkness of a world so desperately in need. My family is in desperate need. So, I pray for the Light to eclipse the darkness in my home. And His light shines in my heart, even if it seems tiny. The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness; the darkness couldn't put it out {our promise from John 1:5}.

Christ has come. Nothing can ever undo that. Darkness doesn't win.


"The people walking in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of the shadow of death
a light has dawned.
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." ~ Isaiah 9: 2, 6

Thank you, God, for sending your Son to save us.

Merry Christmas! 

No comments: