Monday, September 3, 2012

If You Really Knew Me...

These types of posts have been all over the blogosphere, so on this low key Labor Day, I thought I would come up with my own list of sorts.

So, if you really knew me {and other random facts}, you would know: 

I am not very good at hiding my emotions {no poker face here}. Regardless of what I am feeling, my facial expressions betray me 99% of the time. 

God's grace never ceases to amaze me. 

I have O- blood and try to donate often. 

My grandparents raised me. Therefore, I have retained some old-fashioned sensibilities. 

I am a true ambivert. 

I am not a neat freak. 

Although I have become much better, in general I have a hard time saying no because at my core I like to help others {and some people will take advantage of this}.

Autumn is my favorite season. I adore everything about it from the colors and cooler weather to the scents {pumpkin spice and apple cinnamon} and Thanksgiving. 

I do not relish confrontation, but I will ultimately speak up if I feel it is necessary. 

I long for a true sense of community, but oftentimes find myself on the periphery trying to break in {after a while, it's hard to keep trying...}

Within the last few years, I have grown to love and appreciate hymns. 

Denominational elitism makes me shudder with a combination of sadness and anger. 

I started my family at age 18. 

I am not a gamer. I never have been and never will be. Growing up with a twin brother (and living with the mister and two sons), it's not for lack of trying. I never cleared levels of Pac-Man. I never reached the flag in Mario Bros. I don't understand RPGs. It's just not who I am. And that's okay. 

I will reread my favorite books again and again. 

I try to never underestimate the power of redemption and reconciliation. 

I am sensitive and find it hard not to take things personally {I will be the first person to place the blame on myself}.

Although I appreciate spontaneity, true change can be hard for me. 

I believe that every day is a gift. 

Well, that is enough randomness for now...

Blessings to each of you. xo. 

No comments: