Saturday, June 30, 2012

Heartsease


I do not use two thumbs when I text. I usually just hold my phone and use one thumb. If I attempt to text quickly, I'll usually have lots of typos. Most of my typos are corrected before I really notice. It's nifty that I do not have to capitalize or pause to place apostrophes. Sometimes, however, auto correct chooses the wrong word.

I was responding to a text today and meant to type the word heartache. My typo caused the phone to change the word to heartsease. I had never heard of this word before, but I paused. I sensed its importance, so I looked up the definition: peace of mind, calmness, tranquility, serenity. It is what God promises us - to truly ease our troubled hearts. He promises that in the face of all of the heartache and in the midst of the brokenness. He is our heartsease. And His Word echoes our love story and all the ways He woos us, draws us to Himself. But, I think sometimes the heartaches of this life cause of to question our True Love. Sometimes we don't want to accept certain circumstances. Sometimes our pain can cause us to lose sight of the fact that God hems us in, He goes before us, and He is in the midst of it with us.

It may not be what we had hoped. It may not be the way that we envisioned. But, never doubt that God  uses it all. And it's in the abiding that we learn trust. It's in the abiding that we let go and let Him ease our hearts. It's in the abiding that our heart's desire always points back to Him.

No comments: