Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lost

This is a poem I penned about 7 years ago. It was inspired by the book of Hosea and my life. I always like revisiting what I have written. It is so interesting. For instance, I read this and think that it is incredibly rhyme-y (which isn't really my style anymore).

It just proves that we can and do change (by grace). And that is exactly what I needed to be reminded of tonight. That, and a deep desire to be found...

Lost

Lost, little girl
Born into brokenness
Harsh, cruel world
Carries no rest

Finding her way
Following the Son
Longing to stay
But decided to run

Darkness set in
Only emptiness found
Folly takes over
She is trapped and bound

It was inevitable,
Darkness couldn’t last
Truth broke through
And lines of grace were cast

“Where’s my vineyard?”
She wondered alarmed
“Waiting for you
It was not harmed”

How’d this happen?
She couldn’t believe
For what was once lost
Now she received

“I’m not worthy,
You must abhor.”
“No, my child
I will restore.”

Burdens being lifted
Surrender so sweet
Salvation graciously given
Face to feet



4 comments:

Mommy Emily said...

Longing to stay
But decided to run


you've captured the dichotomy here, friend... the longing to do good, but the tendency to do evil. this, what paul struggled against. a gorgeous ode to hosea. thank you so much for linking. xo

Kati patrianoceu said...

I love your comment about how we change. The old is good but so is the new. God bless you.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

love your words,
short but wise and profound...your writing is dynamic.

Carrie Van Horn said...

Jadie this is a beautiful testimony and poem...truly inspiring! :-)