Saturday, September 5, 2009

When in Doubt

With all of my newly-found free time (well, not so much), I have been looking back on some of my old journals. One of them contained some pages on Scripture prayers that I had written out. I love praying Scripture; it totally takes some of the "guess work" out of praying in accordance to God's will because it's His Word! Psalm 119:11 says, "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."

So, I thought I'd share:

Enable _____ this week to grow in the grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 3:18

May _____ be filled with the joy of the Lord. 1 John 1:4

Motivate _____ to quickly and sincerely confess any and every sin they commit, assured that you will immediately forgive that sin and cleanse them from all unrighteousness when confession is made. 1 John 1:9

Empower _____ to do what you tell them to do and to learn to love you more and more. 1 John 2:5

Your word assures us that you are listening if we pray for that which is in harmony with your will. Give to _____ this confidence. 1 John 5:14

Empower _____ to stay away from anything or anybody that might take God's place (the #1 spot in their heart. 1 John 5:21

Encourage _____ to build up in their lives more strongly on the foundation of our holy faith; learning to pray in the power and strength of the Holy Spirit. Jude 20

May _____ delight in doing what you want them to do; meditating day and night on your word. Psalm 1:2

May _____ praise you no matter what happens. May they constantly speak of your glories and grace and boast of all your kindness to them. Psalm 34: 1-2

Enable _____ to be still and know that you are God. Psalm 46:10

Father, let _____ know that when they call on you, You will answer them and tell them great and unsearchable things they do not know. Jeremiah 33:3

Remind _____ that if they remain in you and your words remain in them, whatever they ask will be given to them. John 15:7

Urge _____ to pray continually with all kinds of prayers. I Thessalonians 5:17

Remove doubt from the mind of _____ so that when they ask they believe. James 1:16

No comments: