Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Ushering

November was ushered in quietly with rainfall.

Soft at first.

Then at some point during the night, I awoke to the sound of rain pelting the earth. There is something I find so comforting about listening to the rain. A peacefulness washes over me and I feel like I can breathe. Like really breathe deep.

This morning, dappled dewdrops shone like jewels sparkling in the sunlight. It was quite breathtaking in person. {the picture doesn't do it justice}


And I opened the front door and the blinds in an attempt to let it all inside. Because sometimes that's where the disconnect lies. On the inside.

Slow down. Breathe. Let the moments, hours, days, and months be ushered in softly with grace.

{And Life isn't about running from the downpours and wishing things away}

It's to be embraced, for all of it is a gift.

And I am feeling so thankful today. For rain, for new months, for grace, for family, and friends who are my family....



No comments: