Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tomorrow

What of this day, in light of the thousands before?
I lean forward into tomorrow while all that is within me cries out for change, cries out to be more wholly His.
Each day I choke out the flesh that would suffocate me, cutting it out if need be, so I can take up the cross that beckons me follow.

And I follow into the unknown that is only known to Him. There faith is found intertwined with longing. A longing to follow the echoes that lead me toward His righteousness.

So, I lean not only into tomorrow, but into the hope that permeates the underlying melancholy.
And tonight, in the space between tomorrow and yesterday, I breathe deep until I remember I am alive and I bask in a love so complete that it undoes me.


2 comments:

Mommy Emily said...

Jadie, this is exquisite. I hear your heart's cry, so plaintive, so longing. He will answer. Keep dying to self. Thank you for this. e.

Joybird said...

"I bask in a love so complete it undoes me" what a beautiful place to be. Lovingly taken apart by the one who made you, gently cleaned, repaired and built again. His complete love undoes me, too.