Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Reflective Journaling... -Uh

I am always with you. Psalm 73:23

In this season of my life, how much can I relate to the opening prayer (where life, kids, etc... interrupt any attempts at a quiet prayer time)?

I can definitely relate to feeling like it is trying to find times that are truly quiet. This is why it is so important to set apart time that will be most conducive to quiet. For me, this means choosing to get up early (which honestly is a struggle for someone who is clearly the opposite of a morning person). But, even though it's a challenge, I am praying that it is a habit that I will stick with, because it truly is vital to my walk.

What adjectives describe my structured devotional life?

If I am honest, I would say inconsistent. That's the point of all this, isn't it? Having a purpose and something to help facilitate my quiet times is so helpful. I am looking forward to starting the Gospel of John next week at the Difference, The Love Dare with my husband, and the women's study in February.

I am challenged to look for him, even in the mundane and to intentionally increase my awareness that God is with me (and that he is happy about it!). And so am I!

No comments: